- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with prospective students, applicants, parents, and counselors, to identify, recruit, and enroll a new student class each year.
- Initiate creative programming to engage student participation.
- Assist with planning recruitment events to ensure that the Agribusiness Program reaches the targeted group of prospective students.
- Excellent communication skills to recruit and advise students, families, and school counselors regarding Iowa Wesleyan, admissions, application materials, and next steps.
- Represent Iowa Wesleyan to prospective students, parents, and school counselors by participating in high school visits, college fairs, conferences, receptions, open house events, etc. There is extensive contact with the public by phone, email, and in-person through travel.
- Collaborating with the faculty in the agribusiness program and provide input on relevant information obtained during recruitment.
- Maintaining existing and establishing new partnerships with key stakeholders and constituencies.
- Recruitment efforts involve extensive travel in the Midwest, primarily Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri, and considerable public speaking. Weekend work will be required occasionally.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline required, with a minimum of 2 years of student recruitment or undergraduate admissions experience preferred.
- Knowledge of college-level curriculum and post-graduation career opportunities in Agriculture.
- Able to communicate, collaborate, initiate, and implement recruiting plans.
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently and manage time and projects effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively as a team member.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience speaking in front of large groups and one-on-one.
- Strong organization and time management skills to insure scheduled deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in the use of customer relationship management systems (databases).
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, particularly in matters relative to sensitive or confidential student records, personnel, or organizational issues.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel for extended periods.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.