This job is archived
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST III
The Diversity Education Specialist (Student Development Specialist III) will focus on educational and developmental inclusion programming and campus climate initiatives for the campus community. This position develops, synthesizes, and integrates high impact practices, out-of-classroom experiences, and service-learning to assist in preparing students for a global world. The position implements the departments initiatives related to diversity, facilitates, engages and collaborates with constituents, and assists with designing co-curricular learning experiences relating to diversity and inclusion.
The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
The department has a mission to provide multiple educational and developmental services for underrepresented and underserved racial and ethnic populations and diversity education programs that foster inclusive learning environments for all students.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four years’ experience in student affairs work or related specialty area with a bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ experience in student affairs work or related specialty area with a master’s degree
- Support Diversity Education Initiative
- Facilitate Educational Sessions
- Coordinate Cultural Exploration Trips
- Develop and Coordinate Community Dialogues
- Coordinate Community Conversations
- Diversity Education Assessment
- Community of Respect Coordination
For more information, contact Huanshu Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org