Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Associate Registrar to collaborate and administer registration practices, best practices for student success, and facilitate the continuity of services in the Registrar’s Office. The Associate Registrar will aid in various degree audits, international program duties, alliance and transfer major policies, military processes, data entries, campus applications, academic standard and eligibility practices, and various day to day processes. The Associate Registrar will advise students, plan campus events, and provide guidance to academic and catalog-based questions.
- Collaborate with assistant registrar in degree audits for various programs, offices, and requests.
- Collaborates with registrar’s office in data input, registration, and general questions with international programs, branch centers, and school of records.
- Data entry for manual processes within SIS and Beacon
- Correlate course descriptions and accreditation with incoming transfer credit
- Familiarize with the various office functions to ensure continuity of services within the registrar’s office
- Update to catalogs, folders, paperwork, communication, and other processes.
- Work with Iowa community colleges on “Transfer Majors Programs” and alliance articulations
- Review and update military and veteran policies to stay up to date with new DoD regulations, policies, and reports
- Input data into National Student Clearinghouse and learn how to effectively resolve errors in a timely fashion.
- Electronic Degree Audits
- Learn and aid in NAIA procedures and expectations to help with student eligibility
- Plan and oversee all graduation audits, programs, letters, meetings, and ceremonies.
- Collect grades, oversee directions on grades, and contact instructors for grades
- Aid in accreditation for education team and HLC
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree preferred, but will consider Bachelor’s degree with higher education experience
- Must be able to work in a flexible task environment as a supportive and creative team member, and be able to handle the pressures of working within deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, self-directed, outcome-oriented, and strong customer service presence
- Ability to learn and utilize new internet based and computer technologies/applications.
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts and work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently to achieve department goals.
- Must have knowledge of FERPA, student privacy laws, and GDPR.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee needs further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.