IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Online Enrollment Advisor
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Online Enrollment Advisor having the primary responsibility for providing enrollment advising for Iowa Wesleyan’s online division to assist prospective students seeking to continue their education in our online learning environment. The Online Enrollment Advisor plays a role by further developing and facilitating varied recruitment activities designed to promote the online programs at Iowa Wesleyan University. This role also includes building relationships with organizations in the region to generate awareness of opportunities for their employees to participate in IW's online programs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strengthen and enrich working relationships for online program through participation in external events, as needed. Recruits at college fairs, military fairs, trade shows, job fairs and other appropriate venues, promoting and supporting all IW programs and learning experiences with a primary focus on online programs.
- Conduct phone, web-conference, and on-site personal interviews/consultations to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided student.
- Advises prospective students via phone, email or in-person and communicates eligibility for admission and advises students regarding admission status. Positively influences the prospective student’s decision to enroll (admissions processes, application, transcript, financial aid, loans, transfer credits [CLEP, ACE, DSST, etc.], veteran’s benefits, etc.).
- Conduct student tentative and official evaluations based on reviewing transcripts from other institutions; military experience and training; technical, vocational, and organizational training; and other American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with the University Registrar’s staff to ensure accurate representation of credits. Always follows IW policies regarding transfer credit, transcript acceptance, course substitutions, and other general advising issues while preparing degree plans for distance learners.
- Informs learners of alternative means of receiving credit toward the degree (CLEP/DSST/Excelsior exams, experiential learning portfolio, American Council on Education national and military credit).
- Maintains current working knowledge of various types of payment methods (FA, VA, Corporate vouchers, and tuition benefits, etc.) used by students and reinforces University policies regarding expectations for student payment. Works with students to set up payment plans as needed.
- During the admissions process, assist prospective students by connecting them with appropriate campus departments and resources (ex; student financial services).
- Respond to all new inquiries quickly and maintain consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process.
- Monitor, track, and manage student communication using university database.
- Support new online enrollment growth by meeting set enrollment goals and work with team to identify opportunities to drive new enrollment through collaborative efforts.
- Consistently achieve performance expectations for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports on all recruitment activities.
- Responsible for coordinating all electronic lead generation activities and recommendations in support of the distance education recruiting effort. Tracks and generates reports to ensure favorable ROI. Carefully manages lead vendor to ensure the conversion rate meets or exceeds the national average.
- Ensure that University policies are followed by having a thorough knowledge of all IW programs and policies and procedures as outlined in the university handbooks, advising manual, and Academic Catalogs.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to uncover and resolve concerns.
- Maintains competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the assistant dean.
- Provides superior student/customer service as a competitive advantage.
- Professionally represents Iowa Wesleyan University to internal and external constituents, including students, prospective students, companies, organizations, and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in college admissions, higher education administration, or online learning is preferred.
- Knowledge of non-traditional, adult student learning theory and motivation.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to utilize technology, including student management systems, degree audit systems, learning management system, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to change. Must be able to abide by FERPA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude and a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Recognizes the importance of service, quality and customer satisfaction in all facets of their work.
- Ability to foster teamwork, work cooperatively and effectively with others on goals setting, problem resolution and decision making.
- Working knowledge of print, web and social media platforms.
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress and track results.
- Professional accomplishments that reflect self-motivation, initiative, independence, and strong customer service orientation with the ability to sell strategic/conceptual services through consultative selling techniques.
- The ability to travel and work evening and weekend hours as needed/requested.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.