IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Iowa Wesleyan University, Office of Admissions seeks to hire an Admission Counselor to join their on-campus recruiting team. The primary purpose of the campus Admission Counselor position is to assist prospective undergraduate students (new and transfer) by providing timely and accurate information about the college admissions process and other areas of the institution, including academic programs, student life, university housing, scholarships, and financial aid.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represent the University at various on and off-campus student recruitment events and build positive working relationships with prospective students and their families, high school counselors, community-based organization leaders, independent college counselors, and others involved in the college search process. T
• Be the primary point of contact for prospective students in designated geographic areas and will proactively seek opportunities for outreach and engagement with students in these areas.
• Support other admissions-led initiatives, including on-campus open houses, daily campus visits, and off-campus outreach programs, providing coverage for student appointments and walk-in visitors.
• Oversee all contact with prospective students, which includes but is not limited to phone calls, texting, social media, managing inquiries, scheduling and conducting campus visits, emails, meet with walk-ins, planning fall travel schedule, attend college fairs and high school visits, and conducting follow up communication.
• Develops and implements recruitment and communication strategies designed to increase the number of students enrolling from assigned territory.
• Attend all college fairs, high school fairs, special events, awards programs, and any other recruiting events in assigned territory.
• Develop relationships with high school guidance counselors and other high school personnel.
• Assist in all campus events and any campus program required.
• Follow IW Admissions Counselor handbook requirements.
• Represent Iowa Wesleyan University in a professional manner at any given event.
• Travel as required to any event.
• Any other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required with little notice.
• Ability to travel to assigned territory 4-6 weeks per year.
• 0-2 years full-time work experience preferably in higher education, marketing, sales, or public relations
• Experience with recruiting and admissions preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and experience speaking in front of large groups and one-on-one.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Exceptional customer service orientation. Confidence, comfort, and ability to speak in front of groups, on the telephone, and in one-on-one interview situations.
• Ability to prioritize projects in a high-volume and timeline-driven process.
• Exceptional and demonstrated customer service skills.
• Time management skills
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and telephone procedures
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to promote and participate in all events.
• Must have the ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to think innovatively to generate “out of the box” ideas to increase enrollment.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality, including safeguarding data and records.
• Understanding and belief in the value of a liberal arts education at a private rural college
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.