The Office of Admissions within the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success drives talented and diverse student recruitment leading to student retention and success at the University. Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions supports a culture of excellence by providing outstanding customer service and visitation programs through the Welcome Center, managing a team of regional recruiters.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
Welcome Center and Office of Admissions Visitation Program Management
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the Welcome Center including the daily visitor experience and recruitment programs, virtual and in-person.
• This position serves as essential staff during times of inclement weather.
• Develops and improves processes to ensure quality customer service to the public, to both internal and external audiences
• Represents VCU to various constituencies to recruit and enroll a talented and diverse student body, interacting with prospective students and families daily while supervising professional and student staff
• Serves as a liaison to prospective students, families, school systems, teachers, and school counselors for the admissions process including reviewing, evaluating, and counseling applicants and prospective students based on their credentials and admissibility
• Plans, develops, and manages the Office of Admissions visitation program which includes regularly scheduled visits, campus tours, special events, information sessions, and targeted presentations with staff in undergraduate, international, and graduate admissions as well as partner departments to meet the strategic recruitment goals of the University in coordination with the Events Coordinator and SEM Communications staff
• Evaluates effectiveness of services and programs to identify opportunities for improvement or unmet needs
• Manages the Student Ambassadors program including advising the student organization and ensuring appropriate tour guide coverage for daily and special programs
• Manages and supervises a team of regional recruiters that are located off-campus to achieve recruitment benchmarks within the assigned targeted regions
• Ensures recruitment activities utilize resources to best meet the needs of the department and expectations for recruitment benchmarks
• Represents VCU at assigned Admissions events outside the Welcome Center such as receptions, open houses, college recruitment events, and off-campus high school visits and programs
• May assign Welcome Center staff in support of other recruitment activities
• Manages assigned special projects to support the initiatives of the Office of Admissions including but not limited to; admissions file review, participating in strategic planning, and the development and improvement of programs
• Support the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions by providing information and representation at assigned meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned