The Office of Sustainability within The Gaylord Nelson Institute for Environamental Studies (Nelson Institute) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking to hire a Student Intern Program Manager, who will contribute to the vision of the Office of Sustainability, our campus as a living laboratory, and enjoys working with students.
The Nelson Institute, established in 1970, is one of the academic divisions of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Its mission is to build partnerships to synergize and sustain excellence in the interdisciplinary research, teaching, and service that make the University of Wisconsin-Madison a world leader in addressing environmental challenges.
- Management of a student intern program wherein students work on teams focused on improving various aspects of campus sustainability. (40%)
- Visioning, evaluating, and reporting on the student intern program. (5%)
- Student mentoring and professional development, including designing and facilitating trainings and workshops on practical skills for work in the field of sustainability. (10%)
- Supervision of a graduate student who will assist with the intern program. (5%)
- Writing peer-reviewed publications using sustainability metrics regarding the intern program and other Office of Sustainability programs and projects. (20%)
- Teaching one quantitative sustainability course per semester (for a total load of two courses per academic year) in support of the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies Undergraduate Sustainability certificate program . (20%)
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/509191/office-of-sustainability-intern-manager