Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Online Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Online Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics. This is a part-time, temporary exempt position on a semester-by-semester basis dependent upon the needs of our students and the university. The instructor will teach undergraduate level classes through the online program. Adjunct faculty responsibilities include instruction, service and support of college policies and procedures, and professional development.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach assigned courses
• Interact with students via discussion forums, classroom presence, etc.
• Commitment to student retention and success
• Commitment to development and assessment of student learning
• Respond to student questions and concerns in a timely manner
• Grade student assignments/papers in a timely manner
• Abide by all university policies
• Willingness to support a diverse
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution or a Master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate hours in Mathematics.
• Previous teaching experience with adults is preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in a collegial university environment teaching online classes.
• Online teaching experience.
• Successful candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellent undergraduate instruction.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Mount Pleasant, Iowa, United States
The academic programs at Iowa Wesleyan include undergraduate, graduate, and online learning. Service-learning is integrated into the curriculum, ensuring that all students connect classroom learning with service to others.
Located in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, Iowa Wesleyan offers a variety of arts and cultural opportunities for southeast Iowa. Art shows, concerts, lectures, and plays take place throu...