This job is archived
The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) seeks a full-time Technology Support Specialist. This position reports to the Director of Technology and is responsible for managing the technology services desk. This position identifies areas of concern and opportunities. Partners with the technology team in planning, execution, maintenance and communication of projects and tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the college's technology help desk which includes the hiring, training, and supervision of student employees
- Provide a high level of technical assistance and support to the MIAD community
- Troubleshoot computer and software errors for faculty, staff and students computer systems. Additionally, support printer needs, issues, and requests
- Assist in the development management of software and computers for the campus community
- Plan, setup and maintain classroom Audio Visual (AV)
- Coordinate AV support for events and guests
- Respond and work through in-person support requests, emails and support tickets.
- Maintain updated equipment inventory and checkout systems
- Post and promote campus wide information technology issues and solutions
- Serve on MIAD committees and task forces as requested, sharing information with the technology team
- Coordinate with MIAD technology student supervisor’s ensuring consistent service policies and reporting
- Coordinate equipment requests and installation for MIAD gallery exhibits, pre-college, continuing education programs and others as requested
- Maintain, oversee, and distribute equipment from the technology services desk
- Support and work directly with students and families on hardware requirements
- Additional projects and tasks will be assigned based on the unique skillsets and abilities of the incumbent in consideration the gifts of other members of the technology team
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication skills and ability to train and support student employees building their technological proficiency
- Strong debugging, tracing, and general troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrated ability of supporting a diverse community of staff, faculty and students
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative
- Creativity, enthusiasm and openness to innovation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 3 years of successful technology support or relavent experience
- Ability to work in-person and/or remotely depending on status of the COVID-19 pandemic. Expectation will be to work on-site post-pandemic.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Application Process and Deadline
Qualified applicants should submit the following information in one (1) pdf document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest
- A resume
- Three (3) reference names and contact information.
Initial review of candidates will occur in early April 2021. Anticipated start date of May 2021.
MIAD offers an attractive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance. All final candidates extended an offer must successfully complete reference and background checks.
Employment Opportunities at MIAD