About the Office
Established in March 2019, the Office of Prestigious Awards and Fellowships provides leadership, advising, and mentorship to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University students and alumni seeking nationally and internationally competitive opportunities.
The Office coordinates the application, interview, and university endorsement processes for Embry-Riddle students and alumni who wish to be considered for national fellowships and awards. We recruit, advise, and mentor prospective applicants as part of our mission to develop and support a campus culture which empowers students to prepare and successfully apply for external fellowships and awards.
The Office of Prestigious Awards and Fellowships seeks an Associate Director (AD) to enhance the Office's breadth and visibility across Embry-Riddle's campuses (Daytona Beach, Prescott, and Worldwide). The ideal AD is a creative and organized individual with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively support scholar development and national fellowships advising.
They will contribute to the office's mission of empowering students by conducting outreach to and advising for competitive national and international fellowships programs (e.g. Astronaut Scholars, Fulbright, Goldwater, Mitchell, Tillman, Truman, and Udall) and on the graduate school application process. They will also contribute to internal campus committees, nominations, and endorsements. Working with the Director, the AD will create and deliver presentations, assist with the development of resources on best practices for applying to fellowships, and cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders and external fellowship communities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong personal background in understanding the lived experiences of first-generation college students, underrepresented, and/or historically marginalized students (e.g., limited-income students, students of color, undocumented students, women in STEM, etc.).
The start date for this position will be July 1, 2021.
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of competitive national/international fellowships programs (gained as advisor, recipient, and/or applicant)
- Experience working with students throughout all stages of the writing process
- Experience working with students from underrepresented groups
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to constant learning and improvement
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience with maintaining accurate and confidential records
- Experience with project management software
- Graphic design skills and experience
- 2+ years of fellowships or other academic advising experience
- Experience working with high-achieving students
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references at https://embryriddle.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Daytona-Beach-FL/Associate-Director--Office-of-Prestigious-Awards-and-Fellowships_R300648. Application deadline is April 11, 2021.