Department of Social Work
Assistant Professor of Practice of Social Work
Ball State University
Applications are invited for two full-time contract faculty appointments in the Department of Social Work available Fall Semester, 2021 to assist with our program expansion.
Successful candidates will have the ability to teach across the undergraduate and graduate curriculum. Candidates will demonstrate expertise in teaching any of the following areas: social work practice, addictions and mental health, diversity, theory, social welfare policy, practice and program evaluation, field practicum, or other areas based on practice expertise.
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the NASW Code of Ethics and communicate specific ways they will teach these standards to undergraduate and/or graduate students. Candidates must have strong teaching and practice skills to develop instructional activities, facilitate class discussion, and provide generalist, clinical, or macro practice supervision. We are looking for candidates who have organizational leadership experience, clinical mental health and addictions work experience, and tele social work skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach twelve (12) hours of Social Work courses each Fall and Spring academic semesters. Teaching assignments may include social work practice, addictions and mental health, diversity, theory, social welfare policy, practice and program evaluation, field practicum, or other areas based on their practice expertise.
- Provide clinical or macro practice supervision to students through classroom and practicum placements.
- Actively contribute to the intellectual and professional life of the Department of Social Work, College of Health, and the social work community at the local, and state levels.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Department.
- Masters in Social Work from a CSWEaccredited program
- Two (2) years post-MSWpractice experience
- Current social work license or proof of license eligibility
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Advanced license in social work and/or addictions (LSW, LCSW, or LCAC)
- Three (3) or more years of post-MSWpractice experience
- Three (3) or more years working in rural communities
- Two (2) or more years of teaching experience at the graduate level
- Expertise in substance use disorders, rural practice, health care, or gerontology
- Excellent team facilitation skills and/or expertise in interprofessional education (IPE)
- History of professional service (eg., non-profit board, professional organization)
- Experience with paneling is a plus (eg., Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance)
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/242173. Include the following documents with your application: curriculum vitae, licenses/certifications, and cover letter addressed to Shannon Staton. Proof of current social work license or proof of license eligibility required. In the Applicant Documents section, under Required Documents, please upload under “Licenses/Certifications” one of the following:
- Proof of current social work license
- Proof of license eligibility by a letter from supervisor
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through April 14, 2021.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, approximately 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students enroll each year in diverse academic programs on and off campus. Our students come from all Indiana counties, all 50 states, and 68 countries to pursue knowledge in seven academic colleges offering 190 undergraduate majors, 130 undergraduate minors, 140 graduate programs and 200 study abroad programs.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.