The University of Arizona’s College of Applied Science & Technology (CAST) is a National Security Agency (NSA) designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO) and an Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) designated Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence (IC-CAE). CAST is seeking an Assistant Professor of Practice who will teach highly technical, hands-on undergraduate courses within our Cyber Operations program. The candidate will teach courses in the areas of Penetration Testing, Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT), and Social Engineering (SE). CAST is seeking candidates who can demonstrate outstanding teaching and course development consistent with the college's purpose, vision, and values. The Assistant Professor of Practice, Cyber Operations will contribute to building a strong team of culturally diverse faculty and staff who are committed to preparing traditional, post-traditional, and transfer students for success in a 21st-century workforce.
- Master’s degree in Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Specific and demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Fundamental Security Principles and Vulnerabilities
- Networking Protocols
- Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Penetration Testing and security experience to include:
- Offensive Cyber Operations Authorities & Approvals
- Event Scoping & Rules of Engagement (ROE) Development
- Cyber Kill Chain and the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Cyber Reconnaissance/OSINT
- Network and Vulnerability Scanning
- Post Exploitation Activities
- Web and Database Attacks
- Password Structures and Password Cracking/Guessing
- Social Engineering (SE)
- Phishing/Spear Phishing
- Engagement planning & ROE Development.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values students, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
For more information and to apply go to
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States