Department of Construction Management & Interior Design
Assistant Professor of Interior Design
Ball State University
The Department of Construction Management and Interior Design invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor starting August 20, 2021.
The Department of Construction Management and Interior Design is home to a vibrant and collegial work environment. The Interior Design program consists of six full-time faculty and approximately 130 students who enter through a rigorous selective-entry process. The program has been continuously CIDA accredited since 2007.
Candidates must demonstrate strong ability for teaching undergraduate and graduate lecture and/or studio courses. Develop new courses as required by the Interior Design program. The standard assigned teaching load is 12 semester hours; however, the teaching load for faculty working toward tenure is 9 hours with a research load of 3 hours.
- Terminal degree in interior design, architecture, environmental design, or equivalent curriculum (Ph.D., MFA, or M. ARCH) from an accredited institution conferred on or before August 20, 2021.
- A record of successful teaching in higher education, as demonstrated by teaching evaluations, reappointment, or other means. Teaching experience may be gained concurrently with degree.
- Minimum of two years’ relevant professional experience in healthcare design, evidence-based design, human centered design. Experience should be full-time and in a professional, managerial and/or supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills as demonstrated by collaborative projects, committee service, or other means.
Employer will consider sponsorship.
- Significant professional experience in interior design or architecture.
- Experience in healthcare design and/or evidence-based design.
- Experience in teaching interior design studios and graduate courses.
- Relevant professional registration/licensure/certifications (e.g., NICDQ, LEED, EDAC, WELL certificate etc).
- Evidence of scholarship through publications, presentations, and successful grant proposals.
- Successful involvement with professional organizations in the discipline.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and interact effectively with faculty and staff to contribute to the strategic plan for the Department of Construction Management and Interior Design, R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning, and Ball State University.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/24041. Include the following documents with your application: curriculum vitae, teaching statement/portfolio, and cover letter addressed to Shireen Kanakri. Three (3) letters of recommendation will be required as candidates advance to the final stage in the interview process. The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earner is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through April 17, 2021.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, approximately 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students enroll each year in diverse academic programs on and off campus. Our students come from all Indiana counties, all 50 states, and 68 countries to pursue knowledge in seven academic colleges offering 190 undergraduate majors, 130 undergraduate minors, 140 graduate programs and 200 study abroad programs.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.