Department of Construction Management & Interior Design
Assistant Professor of Construction Management
Ball State University
Ball State University’s Department of Construction Management and Interior Design and the R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning are seeking a prospective full-time tenure-line position available August 20, 2021. The Department of Construction Management and Interior Design is home to a vibrant and collegial work environment. The Construction Management program consist of seven full-time faculty and approximately 250 students. The program has been continuously ACCE accredited since 2012.
The new faculty is expected to cover the following four areas and perform other related duties as assigned by the department chair. Major focus of the position includes: (1) teaching and scholarly activity; (2) background, knowledge, and skills in the areas of construction management; (3) commitment to growing industry partnerships, identifying and supporting other strategically-aligned revenue generating initiatives; and (4) ability to work cooperatively with faculty and staff to foster curriculum implementation, assessment, and improvement.
- An earned doctorate with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in construction management, civil engineering, architecture or other related fields conferred on or before August 20, 2021.
- A record of successful teaching in higher education, as demonstrated by teaching evaluations, reappointment, or other means. Teaching experience may be gained concurrently with degree.
- Minimum three years relevant professional experience in construction management. Experience should be fulltime and in a professional, managerial, and/or supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills as demonstrated by collaborative projects, committee service, or other means.
Employer will consider sponsorship.
- Significant professional experience in construction management.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) and other construction management related software.
- Experience collaborating during the design phase using design-build or other innovative delivery methods.
- Relevant professional registration/licensure/certifications (e.g., PE, RA, LEED-AP, DBIA, etc.).
- Evidence of scholarship through publications, presentations, and successful grant proposals.
- Successful involvement with professional organizations in the discipline.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/23600. Include the following documents with your application: curriculum vitae and cover letter addressed to Sherif Attallah. The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earned is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through March 7, 2021.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, approximately 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students enroll each year in diverse academic programs on and off campus. Our students come from all Indiana counties, all 50 states, and 68 countries to pursue knowledge in seven academic colleges offering 190 undergraduate majors, 130 undergraduate minors, 140 graduate programs and 200 study abroad programs.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.