Associate Director, Transfer Admissions
New Jersey City University
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Director will be an integral member of the team responsible for recruiting incoming undergraduate transfer students throughout our New Jersey recruitment territories. Under the coordination of the Director of Graduate and Transfer Admissions, the Associate Director is responsible for achieving enrollment goals in their assigned territory and for contributing to the overall success of the department by leading and participating in various on-campus, off-campus and virtual recruitment and yield activities. This role includes managing the admissions funnel and directly assists in the development and implementation of recruitment, yield, and brand building strategies to directly drive enrollment at NJCU.
The Associate Director will serve as the first point of contact for, and provide personalized communication to, various audiences including prospective students, parents, faculty, community college and high school partners and other key stakeholders in order to achieve University enrollment goals. As such, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the diverse needs of undergraduate students, have excellent communication and presentation skills, and must demonstrate ability to work effectively with multiple constituencies on and off campus.
The Associate Director is responsible for independently performing basic professional functions of unusual difficulty, sensitivity and/or complexity; for functioning as an accomplished professional within the context of established policies, procedures, precedents and guidelines with minimal supervision and direction; does related work as required.
- Assures coordination of recruitment and admission activities between University Admissions and key community college and high school partners in NJ, establishing and maintaining effective communication channels, identifying and addressing problems, and promoting the university
- Cultivates relationships with all prospects and applicants through consistent in-person, email, telephone and text outreach to recruit prospective students and assist applicants throughout the admissions and enrollment process
- Collaborates with faculty and external partners to plan and execute a variety of program specific recruitment and yield events throughout NJ
- Maintains an ongoing calendar of on-site and virtual recruitment and yield events to promote NJCU’s programs and educate prospective students, families, and other key stakeholders about NJCU
- Develops and delivers small and large group presentations about NJCU to various constituencies including students, parents, community college and high school partners, and other key influencers
- Reviews completed admissions applications and renders admission and scholarship decisions, using criteria and guidelines established by the Director of Admissions
- Utilizes the University CRM system to develop and manage communication campaigns for prospects, applicants and admitted students
- Advises potential students, parents and external partners on admission requirements, policies and procedures
- Works with the Marketing and Communication teams to ensure web and print materials are up to date at all times, and will assist with the development of new recruitment materials
- Assists the Associate Director with promoting graduate and accelerated programs at our Fort Monmouth location, including attending events, as needed
- Coordinates activities with other staff or organizations that relate to or impact on assigned responsibilities
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Prepares correspondence in the course of official duties
- Maintains essential records and files
- Assists the Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications
- Runs and analyzes PeopleSoft and CRM reports on an ad-hoc basis
- Consults with supervisor concerning progress on assignments and how to resolve problems
- Serves on special and/or standing committees of the University, as needed
- Assumes responsibility for special projects as assigned
- Serves as back up for recruitment events in other territories, as needed
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by a Master’s Degree in a field related to the position.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in an institution of higher education required, admissions experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to perform presentations for small and large groups of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following institutional procedures.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
- Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Ability to learn computer technology and university systems to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others
- Knowledge of basic math, office methods and procedures, interpersonal skills, understanding of English grammar and usage, business letter writing, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary, telephone etiquette is required
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
For specific application requirements, please refer to NJCU website at: www.njcu.edu
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping, and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
SAME Applicants: Candidates applying under the New Jersey “SAME” program, must include a Schedule A or B letter with other supporting documents (resume, proof of degree, etc.) by the closing date indicated above. For more information, please visit https://nj.gov/csc/same/overview/index.shtml , email: SAME@csc.nj.gov, or call CSC at [Register to View]