This job is archived
(Archived) Transfer Success Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Graduate, International and Transfer Admissions, the Coordinator will lead and coordinate the newly created HCCC | NJCU CONNECT program, a transformational transfer program developed as a result of a year-long Transfer Intensive with the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU). The CONNECT program is inspired by the ADVANCE Program , a partnership between Northern Virginia Community College and George Mason University.
The vision of the CONNECT program is to build highly visible, inclusive, and barrier-free transfer pathways leading students and their families from high school through our institutions, fully supported with equitable mentoring, advisement, high impact practices, and seamless program pathways. Together, we will create a singular student experience focused on the wholistic needs of students, removing equity gaps, and promoting students’ goals and credential attainment. Through these transformative educational opportunities, we will contribute to an increasingly skilled workforce and our shared communities’ quality of life.
- Execute the CONNECT Program according to established timelines.
- Recruit current and prospective HCCC students to participate in the CONNECT program.
- Collaborate with Student and Academic Affairs at both institutions to ensure a seamless student transfer experience.
- Maintain regular contact with caseload of CONNECT students to facilitate a joint campus experience and transfer pathway.
- Provide academic advising for CONNECT students while at HCCC to keep students on the appropriate CONNECT pathway to NJCU.
- Identify potential barriers to student success and make appropriate referrals including, but not limited to mental health support, academic tutoring, and basic needs assistance.
- Engage in data collection and assessment with established KPIs to measure student and program outcomes.
- Execute marketing and promotion of the CONNECT Program to HCCC prospective and current students, including updates to CONNECT web pages.
- Partner with Admissions and Early College Program on communications, marketing, and events to promote the CONNECT Program.
- Create and execute a CONNECT communications and event strategy.
- Establish a sense of community and belonging among CONNECT students, including but not limited to events, traditions, and dual-campus engagement.
- Partner with faculty and academic colleagues at both institutions to create and maintain transfer pathways.
- Ensure transparency and accuracy of program mappings on materials and CONNECT web pages.
- Stay up to date on best practices related to transfer and student success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position is in-person with the ability to work at multiple HCCC and NJCU campuses.
- In-person, 12-month role
EDUCATION : Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3-5 years working in Student/Transfer Services or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong student service orientation.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function as part of a team; and
- Ability to analyze problem situations, identify feasible solutions, and present recommendations in a concise, logical, and systematic manner.
- Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, counseling or related field;
- Experience with educational database management systems and customer relationship management systems (EAB Navigate, Ellucian Colleague, Civitas, and Peoplesoft);
- Experience serving and supporting diverse student populations, particularly community college and/or transfer students;
- Bilingual ability in Spanish preferred.
To apply for this position, refer to NJCU website at: http://www.njcu.edu/hr/employment
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
SAME Applicants: Candidates applying under the New Jersey “SAME” program, must include a Schedule A or B letter with other supporting documents (resume, proof of degree, etc.) by the closing date indicated above. For more information, please visit https://nj.gov/csc/same/overview/index.shtml , email: SAME@csc.nj.gov, or call CSC at [Register to View]
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.