Associate Director of First Year Admissions
New Jersey City University
JOB SUMMARY: Under the coordination of the Director of First Year Admissions, the Associate Director of First Year Admissions will supervise staff outreach, recruitment events on and off campus along with managing communications via Slate CRM system.
- The Associate Director of First Year Admissions is responsible for collaborating with Enrollment Offices to develop the marketing and communications strategies managed through the Customer Relation Management (CRM) system for applicants and admitted students.
- Organize recruitment events including campus tours and information sessions
- Assures coordination of recruitment and admission activities by acting as a liaison between the Colleges i.e. College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, College of Professional Studies, School of Business.
- Represent the University at day and evening high school visits and college fairs.
- Monitor prospects and establish strong relationships with High School Counselors.
- Advise potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures
- Assist the Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications
- Manage campus visit inquiries received from prospective students via Slate CRM software.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of all students who work with the Admissions Office – this includes general office help and University Ambassadors
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Maintaining annual recruitment calendar and logistics. Coordinating and soliciting program coordinators, faculty, staff, student, and alumni volunteers.
- Determining appropriate recruitment strategies; and monitoring effectiveness of outreach efforts.
- Participate in presentations, seek out new recruitment opportunities and coordinate event details/logistics for Recruiters.
- Develop statistical reports to evaluate recruitment strategies; determine recruitment schedule based on yield reporting and cost analysis.
- Work with the Director of First Year Admissions to determine goals and objectives for alternate outreach efforts including establishing feeder programs with high schools, community-based organizations, and faith communities.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by a Master’s Degree in a field related to the position.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in an institution of higher education required, admissions experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skill
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
- Possess the ability to deal effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds including community leaders, as well as members of the campus community
- Ability to perform presentations for small and large groups of people.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following institutional procedures
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
- Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to learn computer technology and university systems to access data, maintain
- Be proficient with computer technology (esp. PeopleSoft and Slate) to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
For specific application requirements, please refer to NJCU website at: www.njcu.edu
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping, and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
SAME Applicants: Candidates applying under the New Jersey “SAME” program, must include a Schedule A or B letter with other supporting documents (resume, proof of degree, etc.) by the closing date indicated above. For more information, please visit https://nj.gov/csc/same/overview/index.shtml , email: SAME@csc.nj.gov, or call CSC at [Register to View]