Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions
New Jersey City University
JOB SUMMARY : Under the coordination of the Associate Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director plays a key role in the improvement and maintenance of application services, as well as recruitment and communication initiatives, necessary to meet University enrollment goals.
The Assistant Director is responsible for independently performing basic professional functions of unusual difficulty, sensitivity and/or complexity; for functioning as an accomplished professional within the context of established policies, procedures, precedents and guidelines with minimal supervision and direction; performs related work, as required.
- Assures coordination of recruitment and admission activities between University Admissions and the individual college’s graduate programs by acting as a liaison between University Admissions and the colleges, establishing and maintaining effective communication channels, identifying and addressing problems, coordinating the roles of the colleges in the recruitment and admission process, and assuring effective communication of policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Establishes channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of NJCU’s graduate programs and facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions funnel --inquiry through enrolled student.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director and graduate faculty coordinators to incorporate program specific information into targeted communication campaigns.
- Works closely with the Associate Director and graduate faculty coordinators to develop and attend engaging recruitment and yield events including day, evening, on-campus, off-campus and online events.
- Manages event communications in the CRM to increase student participation at in-person and virtual events, as well as post-event follow up communications.
- Assists with the constant flow of graduate application review by monitoring the status of applicant files and sending email and text communication campaigns to drive application completion and enrollment.
- Advises potential students on current admission requirements, policies and procedures, both in a one-on-one setting and during small and large group presentations.
- Works with graduate program coordinators to ensure application requirements and deadlines are up to date on application, web and print materials.
- Assists with training faculty and staff on policies and technology necessary to review applicant files and run successful events.
- Assists the Associate Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications and communications.
- Runs and analyzes PeopleSoft and Slate reports on an ad-hoc basis.
- Coordinates activities with other staff or organizations that relate to or impact assigned responsibilities.
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Prepares correspondence in the course of official duties.
- Maintains essential records and files.
- Consults with supervisor concerning progress on assignments and how to resolve problems.
- Serves on special and/or standing committees of the University, as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects, and other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by a Master’s Degree in a field related to the position.
EXPERIENCE: minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in an institution of higher education required, admissions experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prior experience in student recruitment, enrollment communications, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- A record of analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- High personal energy level and strong commitment to customer service.
- Must exercise good judgment and integrity while working collegially with faculty, students, staff, and alumni in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with enrollment management team and other university units.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to present to large and small groups in-person and virtually, as well as communicate one-on-one with prospective students.
- Knowledge of higher education CRM systems.
- Ability to learn computer technology and university systems to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to travel as a requirement for recruitment, as needed.
- Knowledge of basic math, office methods and procedures, understanding of English grammar and usage, business letter writing, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary and telephone etiquette.
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
For specific application requirements, please refer to NJCU website at: www.njcu.edu
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping, and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
SAME Applicants: Candidates applying under the New Jersey “SAME” program, must include a Schedule A or B letter with other supporting documents (resume, proof of degree, etc.) by the closing date indicated above. For more information, please visit https://nj.gov/csc/same/overview/index.shtml , email: SAME@csc.nj.gov, or call CSC at [Register to View]