Physical Science Instructor
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
JOB TITLE: Physical Science Instructor
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: 9-month
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: May 11, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Teach on-campus undergraduate courses, with the possibility of online
instruction, in Physical Science.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach fall and spring face-to-face and online courses.
- Provide quality instruction by utilizing effective teaching strategies.
- Teach 27-30 credit hours per year (fall and spring semester) and assist in program assessment at the departmental level.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible, and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Chair or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D. preferred, in Earth Science or closely related field.
- Academic merits, leadership ability, effective communication skills, and ability to be a contributing team member are desired.
- Experience with Canvas LMS preferred.
- Well versed in a variety of media as well as ability to adapt to new curriculum.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Letter of Application
- Three Reference, current addresses and phone numbers
- All unofficial transcripts
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT:
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service