Assistant Professor of Education
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 month
POSITION AVAILABLE: May 11, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Full time position in Elementary Education to begin August 2023. Responsibilities include teaching reading methods and exceptional child courses, serve on Teacher Education Council, supervise student interns and residency teachers, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching of all classes assigned by the Dean of Arts and Education
- Conducting office hours as required
- Advisement of students
- Coordination of field placement operations with the Field Placement Officer
- Observe and evaluate student interns and residency teachers as assigned
- Professional development activities as determined by the Teacher Education Council
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Dean of Arts and Education.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsibly
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs or his/her designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Earned Doctorate from an accredited university preferred.
- Understanding of teacher education.
- Public school experience preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to work with others.
- Excellent communication skills
- Required: Master’s degree
- Preferred: Doctoral degree.
Applicant must submit:
- Letter of Application
- Three Reference, current addresses and phone numbers
- All Unofficial Transcripts
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT:
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service