Director of Information Technology
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
CONTRACT PERIOD: 12-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: April 6, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Plans and directs all activities related to the operation of the University’s computing systems and telecommunication systems. Provides methods of access to the resources provided centrally and through One Net. Provides recommendations and requirements for departments regarding their computing and telecommunication needs. Resources include personnel, operations software, application software, and hardware. Responsibilities include providing for student instructional computing, faculty computing needs, administrative systems development and maintenance, high speed internet access to external resources and data, maintaining faculty and staff PCs, and voice/data/video transmission and receptions (telecommunications) development and maintenance.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, monitor, and improve the manner in which students, faculty, and staff utilize and develop computing and telecommunications resources.
- Select, train, and evaluate the performance of staff in the assigned areas.
- Develop plans and proposals for computing and telecommunications hardware and software to meet university needs.
- Establish services to educate users from all campus constituencies in applying information technology to their work.
- Oversees or performs maintenance and troubleshooting of campus hardware and software; works with outside vendors for major repairs.
- Oversees design, maintenance, expansion, and integration of campus-wide networking infrastructure.
- Manages yearly upgrades of hardware and software.
- Provides support for administrative computer systems.
- Acts as technical coordinator between OSU and OPSU on the implementation and use of the Banner system.
- Provides technical support for ITV studios.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and PBX programming of the university telephone system.
- Develop the budget request for data processing and telecommunications.
- Administer the data processing and telecommunications budgets.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Fiscal Affairs or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- Four years progressively responsible experience including: technical consulting, diagnosing, and maintaining microcomputer and workstation systems; experience dealing with hardware, software, and network service vendors; network communication systems; common word-processing, spreadsheets, database software, and system and disk utilities; multi-vendor, multi-user computing environments including main-frame and heterogeneous networking environments, microcomputer, PCs, workstation, and mainframe operating and networking environments.
- Knowledge of programming to include 4th generation languages.
- Knowledge of budget development and control.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Required: Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or closely related field or equivalent work experience.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service