This job is archived
(Archived) Pre-College Programs Assistant Director
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
LOCATION: PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of the Pre-College Programs, supervises one or more sections of the Pre-College Programs which include GEAR UP and College Bound, is responsible for exercising general management oversight over both programs and staff, participate in the development and implementation of program or unit goals, policies and procedures; does related work as required. This is a full-time grant funded position.
- Under the guidance of the Director, supervises professional staff and directs the work operations of the office.
- Assists in the planning, development and management of the programs by developing and recommending goals, policies and procedures which comply with college policies and goals.
- Provides assistance to students, families and alumni regarding programming offerings, activities, and services. Provides guidance in response to conflicts that may arise.
- Recruit, screen and select applicants in grades 6 through 12 for program eligibility.
- Maintain and update individual participant records.
- Provide technical assistance with completing financial aid and college applications.
- Assist participants in choosing a post-secondary institution to attend.
- Assist with managing and preparation of program budget.
- Assist with completing program APR and Final Reports.
- Organizes, assigns, and monitors work of mentors and tutors as well as identifies problem areas and suggests areas for improvement.
- Provides supervision and coordinates trainings for program mentors and tutors.
- Consult with Program Director regarding concerns with program activities to ensure compliance with grant.
- Provide program assessment and evaluation and adjust services according to program needs.
- Establishes and maintains communication along with cooperative working relationships with college administrators, faculty, staff and student organizations in order to accomplish the objectives of the program.
- Participate in staff development and in-service training meetings.
- Participate in institutional and community committees.
- Be familiar with and adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Ability to work remotely when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required to achieve program goals and objectives.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college/university with a minimum of bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of professional experience in an institution of higher learning experience working with at-risk youth or a field that is directly related to the functions of the position.
REQUIRED: Letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
PREFERRED: Experience with Pre-College programs and a Master’s degree is preferred or an equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping, and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.