Assistant Director, Student Success and the First Year Experience
$60,000 – $65,000 • yearly
Salem State University
The assistant director of student success and the first year experience assists in developing, implementing, and assessing first year initiatives. This individual works closely with the assistant dean of student success and the first year experience to fulfill the goals of the office and honor the mission of the university while positively impacting the experience of first-year students. The assistant director works with curricular, transition, and support programs and works collaboratively with a wide range of offices and academic departments. This is a twelve-month position and includes evening and weekend commitments.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two to four years of professional work experience at a college/university
- Experience working with first-year student populations and/or demonstrated knowledge of current research, tehory, and best practices related to first-year students and/or retention programs
- Master's degree
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational, planning, and management skills
- Abiilty to solve problems and handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Experience developing and presenting training workshops or programs/activities
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. For accommodation information or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5-10 pounds.
Ability to work a flexible schedule according to departmental needs, which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
This position is not eligible for H1B visa sponsorship.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Salem State University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may be removed at any time and additional applications will not be accepted.