Hispanic Student Center Administrative Assistant
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
POSITION AVAILABLE: March 7, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Director of Hispanic Student Center. The Administrative Assistant will play a key role in keeping the Hispanic Student Center Staff are organized, efficient, and informed. Students will communicate directly with the Administrative Assistant as they enter/exit the Center, request appointments with staff members, or need to reserve a study location. The Administrative Assistant will likely be a student’s first interaction when contacting the Hispanic Student Center.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Director in recruitment, networking, and promotion of the center.
- Assist the Director in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Maintain records and files for the center.
- Maintain the center’s calendar of appointments, center sponsored events, culturally significant dates.
- Manage inquiries on the phone and through emails.
- Follow up on student requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ensure that center website, social media accounts, and other center communication modes are frequently updated and remain relevant to the center’s mission.
- Assist with the overall cleanliness and organization of the center.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends throughout the year.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Hispanic Student Center or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac OS computer systems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 software, Outlook, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Strong interpersonal and soft skills.
- Availability requirements are condition of employment.
- Ability to speak/read Spanish is preferred
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Associate degree in office administration or related field, and three years of related experience required.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT :
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service