This job is archived
(Archived) Part-time Enrollment Specialist
POSITION AVAILABLE: March 6, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for recruiting students to enroll in Oklahoma Panhandle State University’s (OPSU) campus-based and online programs. Primary purpose is the conversion of inquiries to enrolled students while guiding applicants through the admission process to support OPSUs enrollment, retention, and student and parent satisfaction goals. This is an on-campus position.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professionally represent OPSU academic programs, and academic and non-academic support services to prospective students, parents, and the community.
- Serve as the first point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students; providing consistent, accurate, and timely information about OPSU and its programs.
- Responsible for following up on prospective students generated through web and phone inquiries, web chats, events, webinars, and special promotional activities.
- Using consultative sales skills, develop relationships with prospective students and applicants to reach recruit goals.
- Must be comfortable with accountability for the outreach and follow-up for each prospective student and applicant.
- Maintain complete records of activities and submit routine reports as requested.
- Collaborate with admissions and academic records staff to help attain common goals through participation in meetings, project teams, training, and planning activities.
- Utilize CRM system for proper tracking and accurate reporting of recruitment activities, and documenting contact with all prospective students and applicants.
- Develop and update knowledge on academic programs, features/benefits, student services, market conditions, and competitor activities.
- Provide guidance and serve as an enrollment liaison for applicants through the entire admissions process.
- Adhere to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Admissions or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to maintain thorough recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and appropriate software applications.
- Ability to gather data, learn procedures, compile, and retain information.
- Ability to present self in professional a manner and reflect goals and standards of OPSU.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, have high level of initiative, and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Associate Degree from an accredited institution.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.