Instructor/Assistant Professor of Biology
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
CONTRACT PERIOD: 9-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 1, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: This is a 100% teaching nine month position. Teaching duties include 27-30 hours of undergraduate courses in Biology per academic year.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The teaching load consists of teaching courses and laboratories in Biology.
- Gather and organize all necessary supplies and materials for Biology laboratories.
- Maintain orderly and safe learning and working environments.
- Academically advise assigned students.
- Serve on University committees, and support College of Agriculture, Science, and Nursing, organizations, etc.
- Support and participate in academic recruiting and retention efforts.
- Communicate in a courteous manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsibly.
- Must be able to lift more than 20-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Dean, College of Agriculture, Science, and Nursing or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D. preferred, in Biology or closely related field.
- Academic merits, leadership ability, effective communication skills, and ability to be a contributing team member are desired.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree required.
- Doctorate degree preferred.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu) to:
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service