Jumpstart Site Manager
$60,000 – $65,000 • yearly
Salem State University
Salem State University is seeking a full-time Jumpstart Site manager to ensure high quality programming by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program and by serving as the primary Jumpstart representative for Salem State University. The site manager recruits, trains, and supervises college students serving as part-time AmeriCorps members and volunteers to work with preschool children from under-served communities. The individual in this role provides observation, feedback, coaching and modeling to Corps Members on a regular basis to strengthen classroom impact. An ideal individual will be resourceful, take initiative, demonstrate strong organizational management and problem solving skills, as well as connect to the Jumpstart core values committing to serving urban communities. The site manager reports to a Director of Programs at Jumpstart and to the McKeown School Associate Dean.
Please Note: This is a grant-funded position and continued employment is contingent upon on-going grant funding.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience in early childhood
- 2-3 years of prior work experience
- Experience and ability to work well under pressure and to be adaptable, flexible and accommodate shifting priorities
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Experience working in urban environments to serving urban communities
- Self-motivated, strong organizational management, resourceful, and takes initiative
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
- Competency in Microsoft 365, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Prior experience in a higher education setting, mentoring, and/or managing college students
- Prior experience in supervising others, including ability to provide verbal and written
- Ability to manage basic fiscal matters, such as an operating budget
- Prior experience managing AmeriCorps or grant-funded programs
- Prior experience with the Jumpstart program
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. For accommodation information or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5-10 pounds.
Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter detailing your commitment to Jumpstart core values and serving urban communities.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
This position is not eligible for H1B visa sponsorship.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Salem State University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may be removed at any time and additional applications will not be accepted.