Assistant Professor in Psychology
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
CONTRACT PERIOD: 9-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: July 1, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: This is a nine-month position to serve as Assistant Professor of Psychology.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach fall and spring face-to-face and online undergraduate Psychology courses, including introductory General Psychology and upper-level courses in areas of counseling and clinical psychology.
- Advise students.
- Serve on University committees, and support College of Arts and Education clubs, organizations, etc.
- Support and participate in academic recruiting and retention efforts.
- Teach 27-30 credit hours per year (fall and spring semester), summer teaching possible.
- University committees/responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible, and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Dean College of Arts and Education or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: A generalist in psychology is preferred. Although there are adjuncts teaching some courses, the ability to teach a full range of undergraduate classes is required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Psychology preferred
- Masters with teaching experience will be considered
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service