- Develop, prepare, and deliver key communications to promote COE strategic objectives, initiatives, and programs. Produce and edit copy for news articles, website, brochures, and other publications and collateral for internal and external audiences; take pictures, edit images, and produce graphics and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain COE website, including updating content, running scripts, troubleshooting errors, ensuring website accessibility compliance, and analyzing and summarizing website usage measurements.
- Work with COE student organizations to help promote their events by distributing their fliers on social media, digital displays, and in glass display cases.
- Develop and maintain a social media strategy to increase engagement and disseminate information to students, faculty, staff, and alumni; keep abreast of changing social media best practices.
- Support Department of Development in hosting and promoting events and producing materials to develop stronger relationships with alumni, patrons, and potential donors.
- Serve as COE liaison to CSULB Department of Strategic Communications. Develop and maintain relationships to facilitate delivery of relevant, timely, and positive COE information. Coordinate with other campus communicators to facilitate and identify best practices for communications, web content, and presentations.
- Work with COE departments and programs on identified projects to increase communication efforts with targeted communities, and develop stronger relationships with alumni, patrons, and potential donors.
Experience developing and maintaining a social media program. Expertise with Photoshop, PowerPoint, graphic design, and photography an asset. Excellent writing and editing abilities for news, creative, and feature formats. Strong interpersonal communications. Sound understanding of media relations. Strong working knowledge and understanding of the academic world
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of related professional or technical experience required. 2-3 years of experience working in marketing communications, public relations, or corporate communications preferred. 2-3 years of experience maintaining websites with content management systems and HTML files preferred.
Public Affairs/Communications Specialist II
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,761 - $6,803 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for two (2) years with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Jan 25, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/523668/coe-communications-specialist
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-dd0513be520ea84b[Register to View] f87ae6