POSITION AVAILABLE: January 24, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Assists the Dean of Student Services in supervising all aspects of University resident management and operations.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees all aspects of on-campus housing for students.
- Attracts prospective and current students to on-campus housing by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current residents, explaining advantages of living on-campus, and showing units.
- Maintains residential properties by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units, and submitting maintenance requests for repairs.
- Coordinates with the Director of Physical Plant in regards to housing maintenance and check-in/check-out of tenants.
- Sets up and accurately maintains all university housing files, reports, data, meal plans, and campus IDs.
- Tracks occupancy in all campus housing.
- Has proper stewardship of assets and supplies.
- Reviews and updates all housing policies to ensure the safety of residents.
- Select, train, mentor, and supervise Residential Assistants (RA) and student leaders.
- Performs professional administrative duties as assigned by Dean of Student Affairs, such as student housing placement, employee housing placement, and coordinating communication efforts with all on-campus university residents.
- Meets with Residential Assistants on a regular basis to discuss resident hall matters and reports on meetings to the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Coordinates with physical plant on maintenance of all on campus residences.
- Produces and supervises production of student ID cards.
- Coordinates with other university offices as needed.
- Preferred to live on OPSU campus but not required.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 50-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and
- Can be exposed to a variety of weather conditions for periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Dean of Student Affairs, Director of Physical Plant, or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be able to effectively lead and contribute in a dynamic fashion.
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required.
- Excellent listening, customer service and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Must be able to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and departments throughout the university.
- Travel may be required.
- Normal office physical environment, other than normal office hours required.
- Applicants must have good public relations skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum educational requirement of three years of college or equivalent work experience. Preferred: Baccalaureate degree.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu)
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.