- Manage employment processes for faculty, staff, and students in COTA.
- Serve as lead HR support to COTA's administrative staff and act as the COTA liaison with Faculty Affair and Payroll.
- Manage payroll processing for the college. Review staff time sheets including checking leave balance credits, reviewing Alternative Work Schedules, monitoring leaves of absence, reviewing overtime entries, tracking CTO usage, cross checking intermittent staff holiday and overtime accurals, and ensuring any required supporting documentation is attached to the time sheet.
- Communicate with various groups to share updates/changes in HR related policies and procedures as needed.
- Analyze operating funds in COTA.
Ability to analyze, explain, and resolve complex problems and ensure accuracy in data computation. High level attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time and projects. Supervisory and interpersonal skills to delegate and supervise assignments by college and department staff.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of related experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Public Policy or Business Administration preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR practices within the CSU or another government institution preferred.
- Two years' experience handling payroll processes preferred.
- Previous experience with HR related processes such as setting up recruitments, performing salary analysis, preparing employment contracts, and processing payroll preferred.
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
The salary range for this classification is $4,170 to $7,545 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for 2 years with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Jan 17, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/523158/lead-personnel-analyst
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-70d72efeb6372e4b861e63138f5f0e8a