Campus Aide III - Academic & Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams (Temporary/Hourly)
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/3302
Type of Assignment: Full Time
Assignment Category: Temporary Assignment
The Academic & Career Pathways is looking to fill one temporary, hourly Campus Aide III assignment starting January 2023 through June 2023 (potential opportunities to extend assignment contingent on district needs), to support the Success Teams. The Campus Aide III assignment to specifically support the Creative & Applied Arts ACP.
The person selected for the assignment will work at the Oceanside Campus, up to 30 hours per week and no more than 175 days during the academic year. Work days will be in alignment with regular business hours, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams were launched in Fall 2020 to work directly with first-time-to-college Black/African American, Latinx, and 25 and older students, with the goals to build community and to ensure the completion of educational plans and other milestones within the first year. Each team consisting of student peer mentors, career peers, success coaches, career advisors, academic counselors, instructional faculty, team coordinators, and deans is providing a wrap-around support system that addresses individual student needs through the case management approach. Experiences in each ACP are contextualized to the study areas. For more information about the ACPs, visit: https://www.miracosta.edu/academics/degree-and-certificate-programs/index.html.
IMPORTANT: MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe disease. This causes greater risk to their personal health and unnecessary disruption to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Salary Range: N/A
Compensation: $19.00 per hour.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
Short-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.
Position Term in Months: 6
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number:
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
The department will review application materials and contact applicants selected for interview either by phone or by email.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this assignment is contingent upon 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 4) fingerprint clearance; and 5) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen]).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Under direction from the Program Manager, Academic & Career Pathways and in collaboration with Success Coaches, the Campus Aide III will support the Creative & Applied Arts ACP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the assignment if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
1) Facilitate referrals for services and support to students within an ACP success team and between ACPs.
2) Use intake survey to identify individual needs of students early on and provide referrals to appropriate services.
3) Assist with coordinating and sending communication out to students.
4) Assist with organizing and coordinating outreach campaigns to students within an ACP to connect them to critical milestones and services.
5) Make phone calls to students to check in and provide resources or information to students.
6) Monitor students’ progress on career exploration and Comprehensive Student Education Plans (CSEP) within ACP success team.
7) Serve as frontline reference to resources and students services.
8) Schedule student appointments for counseling and other services.
9) Assist with coordinating and participate in the ACP success team meetings.
10) Collaborate with supervisor to track peer mentor progress on student contact and outreach.
11) Plan, organize and implement ACP activities (e.g., workshops, career panels, videos, classroom visits).
12) Perform administrative support duties as necessary.
1) Perform related duties as assigned.
1) Oral and written communication skills.
2) Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
3) Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
4) Methods and practices of recordkeeping.
5) District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
1) Maintain records and prepare reports.
2) Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3) Establish priorities and schedule and perform work to meet timelines.
4) Work independently with little direction.
5) Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
6) Work confidentially with discretion.
7) Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer terminal.
8) Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
Education & Experience:
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1) Education equivalent to high school graduation.
2) Be 18 years of age or older.
1) Experience working as a student ambassador, peer mentor, career mentor, or other related student worker position.
2) Knowledge of a variety of MiraCosta services available to students.
3) Experience participating in student outreach campaigns.
4) Experience organizing events for students.
5) Bilingual in English and Spanish
6) Background or education in Creative & Applied Arts related field
Licenses & Other Requirements:
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to work at a computer, including repetitive use of a computer keyboard, mouse or other control devices; ability to travel to a variety of locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications in person, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to concentrate on detailed tasks for extended periods of time and/or intermittently while attending to other responsibilities; ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily works in an office environment. Subject to frequent interruptions by individuals in person or by telephone; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion. May work at any district location or authorized facility during day and/or evening hours with occasional evenings and/or weekends on an as-needed basis. Occasional local travel may be requested.
Posting Number: S22/23034P
Human Resources Contact Information: email@example.com or [Register to View]
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: Applications received by the first screening date, Friday, January 6, 2023 will be given first consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted until the assignment is filled.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
MiraCosta College is committed to creating a racially just campus climate. Individuals and their diverse cultures and identities are welcomed, nurtured, and validated. MiraCosta College takes institutional responsibility for closing the equity gap for disproportionately impacted populations including Latinx and Chicanx communities, Black and African American communities, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities, Native American communities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer/questioning, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA+) communities, veteran communities, former foster youth, adult students, and students from low socioeconomic statuses. MiraCosta will continue to serve all constituents with values rooted in equity, diversity, inclusion, and community.MiraCosta College’s Mission, Vision, Commitment, and Institutional Values & Goals – https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/docs/mcc_missionstatement.pdf
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-599291794a5e604e855eb826688eef35