Assistant Athletic Trainer
Oklahoma Panhandle State University
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
CONTRACT PERIOD: 10-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: January 9, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: To assist with the supervision and coordination of the University’s overall athletic training program, including, but not limited to: injury prevention, evaluation, management, and treatment of athletic injuries, short-term and long rehabilitation of athletic injuries, with and under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, Team Physician, and other qualified medical personnel.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide treatment, assessment, and rehabilitation of all injured athletes as the primary or secondary athletic trainer for specific teams assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Electronic documentation of all athletic training medical records and injuries.
- Oversees the daily management of training room, including ordering and storage of supplies and equipment.
- Provide accommodation recommendations, related to sports, for student-athletes with restrictions or limitations.
- Makes appropriate physician’s referrals and appointments.
- Communicate with physicians, specialist, parents, and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes.
- Monitor weather conditions and dangerous environments.
- Organizes and administers drug testing per department policy.
- Responsible for administrative and other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner.
- Must be able to lift more than 100-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to work various hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays throughout the year for practice and games.
- Could be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or designee.
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Oklahoma licensure by the State Office of Allied Health Professions or eligible for such licensure.
- NPI Number Required.
- Current Certification in Emergency Cardio Care.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field.
APPLY ONLINE, http://www.opsu.edu/Offices/Human_Resources/Job-Listing/?page=details&id=483
Completed Consent and Disclosure form for the pre-employment background check (available at www.opsu.edu).
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service