Ball State University welcomes application for Assistant Clinical Lecturers or Assistant Clinical Professors of Nursing.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
- Teach undergraduate courses, including classroom, simulation, laboratory-based learning, and clinical supervision and/or graduate courses.
- Student advisement on academic progress and related activities.
- Contribute to the missions of the School of Nursing, College of Health, and university.
- Incorporate evidence-based research into classroom and clinical teaching.
- Engage in scholarship and professional development.
- Serve on appointed departmental, college and /or university committees.
- Earned baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Earned master’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university by date of appointment
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the United States, with Indiana Registered Nurse License obtained by date of appointment
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the United States, with Indiana Registered Nurse License obtained by date of appointment.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Clinical nursing experience in related area of teaching
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to integrate technology in nursing education
- If NP, current clinical practice as an NP and national board certification
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/35084. Include the following documents with your application: licenses/certifications, resume and cover letter addressed to Doc Hunter. In the Applicant Documents section of this application, please provide an inclusive excellence statement describing how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at Ball State University through your teaching, research, and/or service. Please include examples of your contributions when possible. Word limit 500.
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earned is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through March 15, 2023.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit: https://cms.bsu.edu/About/AdministrativeOffices/HumanResources/Jobs/Benefits-and-Community/Faculty
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.