- APA-accredited doctoral program in counseling or clinical psychology
- APA-accredited doctoral internship (currently or completed)*
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical assessment and initial evaluations/intakes
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of short-term/brief therapy
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of crisis/urgent care services
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of group therapy
- Demonstrated experience in the development and provision of campus outreach programs
*All requirements for doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA-accredited program must be met by start date of appointment, including the successful completion of an APA-accredited internship.
- Demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism and ability to work effectively with diverse individuals (e.g., race, ethnicity, culture, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, spirituality, ability differences, age, national origin, immigration status, language)
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to engage in effective time management
- APA-accredited doctoral internship in a university/college counseling center
- Experience providing telemental health
Screening of applications will begin January 16, 2023. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following items to the website in the section above.
- A cover letter (specifically indicating your interest and qualifications; highlighting the target population of interest for outreach; and any areas of interest)
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from a current clinical supervisor), copy of graduate transcripts.
In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide verification of terminal degrees, licenses, and certificates.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
As a condition of employment, all employees need to certify vaccination status by attesting they are fully vaccinated, need a medical exemption, need a religious exemption, or are not working on campus. You can obtain more information about or access the full vaccination policy here.
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Counseling Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/521652/university-counseling-services-postdoctoral-fellow-2330
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency