Assistant Director of Post-Secondary Education
Ball State University
The College of Health seeks an enthusiastic and innovative individual to serve as the Assistant Director of Post-Secondary Education for the East Central Indiana Area Health Education Center. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with stakeholders and will have experience in preparing and presenting information to young, adult learners as well as knowledge of health professions and healthcare systems. This position is an excellent opportunity for professionals seeking to transition into higher education from a healthcare setting.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
Position Function: Provide programmatic and administrative management of activities that support ECI-AHEC goals and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a health/medical profession, education, community health, healthcare administration, human services, or related area. Experience in preparing and presenting information to young, adult learners; knowledge of health professions and healthcare systems.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse constituency.
- Good planning, organization, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Knowledge of health professions, medical terminology, pedagogy and the health workforce.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of high ethical standards, integrity, professionalism and courteousness.
- Proficiency with Zoom, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy and have reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Willing and able to attend instructor training programs which may include but not be limited to American Heart Association CPR/BLS Instructor Certification, Mental Health First Aid Instructor Certification, QPR Gatekeeper Trainer Certification, etc.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time while conducting programs and facilitating activities including classroom presentations and campus tours.
- Must be able to set up and facilitate community-based training activities that require the physical ability to lift and move training materials in excess of 50 pounds. This task may be performed several times per week and involves the use of a cart.
- Must be willing and able to supervise/precept health professions students during community based clinical activities.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree in a health/medical profession, education, public or business administration.
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Two to three years experience in curriculum development, higher education, workforce training, or provision of technical assistance.
- Knowledge of active learning and spiral curriculum methodologies.
- Experience using rapid cycle quality improvement assessment strategies.
- Experience building academic and community partnerships.
- Familiarity with the communities of the East Central Indiana AHEC region.
- Work experience in rural health care systems.
- Knowledge of recruitment and retention methodologies
- Advance experience in community development, health professions education or provision of technical assistance to health care systems
- American Heart Association CPR/First Aid Instructor certification
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/34827. Include the following documents with your application: resume and cover letter addressed to Justin Tobyas. The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earned is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
In the Applicant Documents section of this application, please provide an inclusive excellence statement describing how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at Ball State University through your teaching, research, and/or service. Please include examples of your contributions when possible. Word limit 500.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through January 3, 2023. The annual salary range for this opportunity is $45,000 to $52,800.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit:
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.