- A terminal degree from an accredited institution in Chicana/o Studies and/or other related fields in Ethnic Studies and/or the Social Sciences. Candidates with a degree at time of application or with notification of the terminal degree by date of appointment will be considered.
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, excellence in College or University-level teaching experience, both in-person and online
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, teaching research methods
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, experience with and knowledge of ethnic studies pedagogies, especially those situated in Chicana/o Studies.
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, successful scholarly and/or creative development and sustained publication or exhibition.
- Experience working with immigrant and multilingual students (Spanish and/or languages indigenous to Mexico).
- Evidence of effective engagement with a diverse student body, with specialization in the Chicana/o community.
- Experience creating a student-centered learning environment
- Experience adopting inclusive approaches to teaching and mentoring
- Experience with community-based research, as well as knowledge of scholarship and current issues facing the Chicana/o community, especially through policy analysis and advocacy.
Screening of applications will begin December 19, 2022. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Applicants must submit a letter of intent that addresses evidence of the required and/or preferred qualifications and a CV that includes a list of three references to the website in the section above. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide additional materials, including a teaching philosophy statement and sample syllabi, particularly one with a focus on research methods.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
As a condition of employment, all employees need to certify vaccination status by attesting they are fully vaccinated, need a medical exemption, need a religious exemption, or are not working on campus. You can obtain more information about or access the full vaccination policy here.
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the office of Chicana and Chicano Studies at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/521479/assistant-professor-chicanao-studies-2328
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-7db8d97e211f9a4ba5f[Register to View] 3e4