- Provide administrative and logistical support for Faculty Center professional development activities, events, and projects.
- Provide administrative support for Associate Vice President, Faculty Affairs.
- Independently handles scheduling, calendaring, and coordinating multiple meetings, including meetings with external parties, and recurring campus events such as Associate Dean meetings.
- Operational support for Faculty Affairs, including managing office supplies, answering phones, checking voicemail, and returning calls as appropriate.
- Experience with routine office support and clerical responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Drupal web management software.
- Knowledge of Qualtrics experience management software
- Ability to take initiative and plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, both inside and outside the unit.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to four years of administrative support experience required.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a CSU college or department office preferred.
- CA Drivers License preferred.
Administrative Support Coordinator I
The salary range for this classification is $3,505 to $5,508 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Dec 12, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/521575/professional-development-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-70227db99a2a[Register to View] b387d4275a