Assistant Director for Global Initiatives
Ball State University
Come and work with our international and global initiatives team! This position will be an excellent fit for an individual who has a strong interest in international education, travel, foreign policy, and global issues. We are looking for someone who is a team player, collaborative, detail-oriented, creative, energetic, and committed to data-driven decision-making. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved with study abroad, curriculum development, faculty research efforts, and internationalization efforts across campus.
At Ball State University, Inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.
- Support the efforts leading to the success of our international students as well as all of our students and staff as they explore global initiatives in terms of learning, research, and community engagement.
- Assist the Directors of the Rinker Center for Global Affairs in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
- Manage proposals and documentations related to the center’s activities including, but not limited to, the university’s study abroad programs, activities, and partnership operations; and work with university faculty, partner universities, and providers in developing programs and international agreements.
- Foster, create, and implement new curriculum related international opportunities for students.
- Serve as application and database administrator: develop programs webpages, customize application requirements, manage student admissions, generate data for reporting; troubleshoot software/user issues.
- Develop and maintain office policies, procedures, protocols and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of experience working within an advising/mentoring/teaching capacity in higher education.
- Experience working with database operations.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with international programming.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems used by the institution like Banner and Curriculum Strategy or other curriculum management systems.
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment.
- Experience working with Terra Dotta.
- Work experience in a large, public university; experience living in a foreign country.
- Understanding of issues related to course transfer and matriculation.
Apply online at: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/34778. Include the following documents with your application: resume and cover letter addressed to Keica McBride. The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earned is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.
In the Applicant Documents section of this application, please provide an inclusive excellence statement describing how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at Ball State University through your teaching, research, and/or service. Please include examples of your contributions when possible. Word limit 500.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through December 11, 2022.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master’s, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. Ball State aspires to be the model of the most student-centered and community-engaged of the 21st century public research universities, transforming entrepreneurial learners into impactful leaders – committed to improving the quality of life for all.
The Ball State way is rooted in the Beneficence Pledge – a commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship, honesty and integrity, social responsibility, gratitude and valuing the intrinsic worth of each member of our community. Ball State students, faculty and staff are empowered in a culture that believes in them and demands they believe in themselves. They are partners in an innovative, immersive approach to education. They are supported by living and learning facilities that enable intellectual curiosity. We graduate scholars who are changing the world, and we’ve dedicated our University to do the same.
The university offers an excellent wellness program and extensive benefits offerings to include a generous paid time off package and paid parental leave. For further information regarding benefits please visit:
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.