Assistant Director of Athletic Performance
California State University, Northridge
Assistant Director of Athletic Performance
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Assistant Director of Athletic Performance assists with the management and maintenance of the weight training facility. The incumbent assists with the development and enforcement of policies and procedures of the weight training facility and Athletic Performance program.
- Assists with coordinating the work of volunteer coaches, interns, and/or student workers.
- Assists with communication with sport coaches updating that team's strength and conditioning status which includes off-season beginning and season-ending meetings as well as follow-up prior to every training cycle.
- Assists with implementing timely tests and evaluations of assigned sports programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Physical Education, Sport Management, Sports Medicine, Health Science, Sport Science, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field from an accredited institution required.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification (CSCS) through NSCA or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) by the CSCCA.
- Current CPR/AED certifications required; Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC) preferred; AND
- Minimum of 1 year of practical experience as a strength and conditioning specialist; experience training collegiate athletes preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of, and the ability to ensure NCAA compliance with, applicable rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated loyalty in the workplace- represent CSUN Athletic Performance, athletic department and institutional mission through words and actions
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to teach, mentor and work with a diverse student population.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade:
- The anticipated HIRING RATE is $5168 per month. The salary range for this classification is: $5168 - $6946 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
- Applications received through December 5, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/521191/assistant-director-of-athletic-performance
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency