- PhD in hand in Hispanic Linguistics or a terminal degree in related field from an accredited institution
- College or University-level teaching experience or clear potential for teaching, in-person and/or online
- Experience or clear potential in teaching heritage learners and/or expertise in this field
- Native or near-native proficiency in English and Spanish
- Experience or clear potential for teaching translation / interpreting courses and/or expertise in this field
- Proficiency in an additional Romance language (other than Spanish)
- Experience in or clear potential for proficiency-based and community-based instruction and appropriate assessment procedures
- Evidence of effective engagement OR potential to engage with a diverse student body
- Experience or clear potential for using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students
- Experience or clear potential for creating a student-centered learning environment
- Experience or clear potential for adopting inclusive approaches to mentoring
Screening of applications will begin December 13, 2022. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Applicants must submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and information for at least three current references (name, title, affiliation, phone, email) to the website in the section above. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In later stages of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide additional materials, including but not limited to: sample course syllabi and professional work, teaching philosophy, DEI statement, verification of terminal degrees, licenses, and/or certificates.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
As a condition of employment, all employees need to certify vaccination status by attesting they are fully vaccinated, need a medical exemption, need a religious exemption, or are not working on campus. You can obtain more information about or access the full vaccination policy here.
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting office of Modern and Classical Languages and Literature at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/520959/assistant-professor-modern-and-classical-languages-and-literatures-2320
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency