- A doctoral degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, from an accredited institution. All But Dissertation (ABD) candidates will be considered, but must complete the doctoral degree by August 23rd, 2023
- Specialization in Computational Data Science, Machine Learning, or Natural Language Processing
- Taught at least one Computer Science-related course at the College/University level, either as instructor of record or teaching assistant, or demonstrate strong teaching potential in their teaching statement
- Published at least one peer-reviewed paper in data science
A strong candidate would meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of effective engagement OR potential to engage with a diverse student body
- Experience using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students
- Experience creating a student-centered learning environment
- Research/Lab experience that includes working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience adopting inclusive approaches to mentoring
- A specific specialization involving Machine Learning, with preference given to those applying Machine Learning to Natural Language Processing
- Taught more than one Computer Science-related course at the College/University level, either as instructor of record or teaching assistant
- Taught courses in their research domain
- More than one peer-reviewed publication in data science in high-quality venues, such as ACM, IEEE, or USENIX
- One or more publications meeting the above criteria within the prior three years
- Participation in grant proposal preparation
- Ability to teach a broad range of courses
- Willingness to provide service to the University and Community, as demonstrated by prior service experience
- Commitment to reflecting on and to improving their pedagogy
- Commitment to advising students in research
- Commitment to working with colleagues in a professional setting
- Strong communication skills conveyed through a well-written and well-organized cover letter, teaching statement, and research statement, all understandable to non-domain experts
Screening of applications will begin November 21, 2022. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Applicants must submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, and research statement to the website in the section above. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide additional materials, including letters of recommendation, professional work samples, and work produced through student mentoring.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
As a condition of employment, all employees need to certify vaccination status by attesting they are fully vaccinated, need a medical exemption, need a religious exemption, or are not working on campus. You can obtain more information about or access the full vaccination policy here.
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Department of Computer Science at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/520807/assistant-professor-data-science-computer-science-2315
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency