- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (or a closely related discipline). Degree award at the time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2023.
- Specialization in Thermal-Fluids Engineering, or a closely related area
- Demonstrated effectiveness for teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated potential for successful research, scholarly and creative activities
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Experience or potential in teaching courses and laboratories in the area of Thermal-Fluids Engineering at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop courses, laboratories, and academic programs; update curriculum;
- Ability to supervise students' theses and projects
- Active participation in academic governance
- A record of academic publication and research activity in one or more of the emerging areas of conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer
- Demonstrated success of history of effort to obtain external funding for research
- Commitment to actively support the success of underrepresented groups in STEM fields
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Thermal-Fluids areas as well as undergraduate fundamental courses in mechanical and aerospace engineering curriculum [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
- Develop new courses and update existing courses, including laboratories
- Supervise student projects and theses
- Write grant proposals and seek research funding
- Conduct independent and collaborative research leading to publications and external funding
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at California State University, Long Beach teach, advise/mentor, and develop curriculum that supports, engages, and empowers the educational goals of individuals from ethnically and culturally diverse and historically marginalized backgrounds, with commitment to pedagogical practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Statement of teaching experience and philosophy (maximum two pages, single spaced)
- Statement of current and future research (maximum two pages, single spaced)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Jalal Torabzadeh, Professor and Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8305
[Register to View] or Email: Jalal.Torabzadeh@csulb.edu
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at [Register to View] 53768273%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=x%2FssSWPU79Zsua9mscL47uEVKOTRjZoGoZEI79urdVU%3D&reserved=0">https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/520468/assistant-professor-of-mechanical-and-aerospace-engineering-thermalfluids
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ad234523ad7f6b4a83de8d165eae9063