- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or a closely-related field from an accredited institution by the date of appointment (ABDs may apply, but the doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment).
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely-related field from an accredited institution.
- College or university-level teaching experience in a related field (kinematics, dynamics, mechatronics, robotics), both in-person and online.
- Evidence of research publications in peer reviewed journals and/or conference proceedings (publications evidence in the related field within the past 3 years).
- Evidence of effective engagement or potential to engage with a diverse student body
- Evidence using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes of all students
- Evidence creating student-centered learning environment
- Research/lab experience that includes working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience adopting inclusive approaches to mentoring
- Post-doctoral or industry experience in the USA
- A record of receiving grant funding or potential for receiving external funding from state, federal, and private companies.
Screening of applications will begin on Nov 17th, 2022. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To apply and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers.
Applicants must submit a cover letter that specifically addresses the following: 1) how you would make a unique contribution to the department; 2) a preliminary plan for establishing your independent research program; 3) your experience working with a culturally diverse population. Applicants must submit the cover letter, curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching statement, and the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three referees who can address the candidate's teaching, research, and service qualifications. In later phases of the search process, applicants who are selected for the campus interview may be requested to provide additional materials, including letters of recommendation, verification of terminal degrees, licenses and certificates, professional work samples and evidence of student mentoring
At the time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
As a condition of employment, all employees need to certify vaccination status by attesting they are fully vaccinated, need a medical exemption, need a religious exemption, or are not working on campus. You can obtain more information about or access the full vaccination policy here.
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the office of Mechanical Engineering at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/520759/assistant-professor-mechanical-engineering-2317
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency