- Primary focused on providing high level services to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the University to protect research human subjects:
- Independently reviews Exempt Protocols towards final approval.
- Sets up and improves single IRB review procedures to process protocols involving collaborative research projects.
- Supervises and works with the junior staff members to organize IRB meetings, reviews and edits meeting agenda items and minutes, modifications, and approval letters.
- Drafts Standard Office Procedures (SOPs), policies and procedures. Designs and updates protocol application forms, templates, and website.
- Processes complicated protocols and provides consultations to investigators with challenging situations.
- Improves the functionalities of IRB electronic management system (e.g., IRBNet).
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) & Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI): Supervises Research Compliance Specialist on RCR training program and FCOI training program to make sure that research personnel promptly complete mandatory training requirements, and that appropriate actions are taken to promote research integrity and to prevent research misconducts.
- Assists in managing FCOI cases.
- Trains and supervises junior level Research Compliance staff members to make sure that Research Compliance tasks are completed promptly and correctly. Finds ways to overcome the bottlenecks and streamline the process of the workflow and improve the process efficiency.
Strong knowledge and three years hands-on experience of human subjects research protection regulations, especially as they are applied in a university setting, to make sure that federal, state laws as well as CSU Policies on Institutional Review Board (IRB) are applied correctly. Knowledge of and strong experience with an electronic IRB review system (such as IRBNet) required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work with a wide range of constituency ranging from faculty to students to administration. Strong organizational and project management skills. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal including excellent grammar skills. Demonstrated ability to deliver face-to-face education and training in a variety of settings and tailored to different audiences to achieve clear dissemination of information. Experience in training and supervising subordinates. Strong attention to detail. Ability to maintain strict stands of confidentiality in dealing with protected information. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with teams, including effective use of delegation as a method to both manage tasks and develop personnel. Demonstrated courteous and effective interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and manage a complex workload in a fast-paced setting. Demonstrated commitment to and experience with advancing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI). Demonstrated experience/skills on telecommunication such as Zoom, Teams, etc.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience (Human subjects research administration in higher education, Research compliance regulation e.g., IRB, IACUC, FCOI, IBC) required. Master's degree preferred.
Licenses / Certificates
Certified IRB Professional (CIP) is highly preferred.
Office of Research and Economic Development
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
The hiring range for this classification is $4,170 to $5,858. The salary range for this classification is $4,170 to $7,545 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for two (2) years with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Nov 06, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/520614/senior-research-compliance-specialist
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-22c270492146a9488d32d97c431eee81