Senior Director, Infrastructure Services
California State University, Northridge
Senior Director, Infrastructure Services
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Information Technology, the Senior Director, Infrastructure Services assists in providing strategic vision and leadership focused on infrastructure services leading the development of roadmaps to execute the transition of major infrastructure to the cloud and directing operational planning for infrastructure to enable teaching, research, and mobile services. The incumbent is responsible for providing project management and/or oversight for infrastructure projects and enhancing the operational reliability of the enterprise IT infrastructure including performance, availability, recoverability, root cause determination, and problem resolution.
- Oversees its cloud, datacenter, network, telecommunications, server compute, virtualization, enterprise storage (SAN) and IT business continuity and disaster recovery services.
- Contributes to the overall IT strategic planning; development of relevant processes, procedures, and documents; providing reports and analysis to support IT decision-making, supporting vendor management, and representing IT at campus-level meetings pertinent to cloud, datacenter, network, telecommunications, server compute, virtualization, enterprise storage (SAN) and IT disaster recovery services.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Infrastructure Services team inclusive of managing all infrastructure assets, related contracts, and documentation.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3yj3cxw
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor's degree. A Master's degree in a job-related field, is preferred.
- Equivalent to six years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience required; with three of the six years in a managerial role. Led or made substantial contributions to the leadership of the planning and implementation of an enterprise wide technology.
- Experience with automation of infrastructure provisioning and operations, inclusive of data networking, backup technologies, disaster recovery and monitoring and user centered design methods, and design thinking and vendor relationship management, is preferred.
- Experience leading a technology infrastructure services organization in a higher education institution, strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Working knowledge of current infrastructure technologies (e.g., cloud and hybrid datacenter services, server virtualization, firewalls, SAN, VLANs, Windows and Unix server operating systems, MS Active Directory service, TCP-IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SFTP, VPN, VoIP, and IT security and data privacy practices. etc.).
- Ability to translate business needs into systems solutions, developing feasibility and business case analysis, effectively communicating design direction to stakeholders and development team, and vendor evaluation and selection.
- Ability to reason logically, independently implement administrative decisions, and supervise others and work independently, analyze operational problems, and implement solutions. Ability to analyze and interpret policies, effectively interact with all levels of staff, and handle situations and information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to negotiate and establish priorities to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through October 31, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/519201/senior-director-infrastructure-services
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency