- Ensures that all Enrollment Services servers, desktops and related software applications are operating efficiently and are properly upgraded and patched in line with CSU and CSUN information security standards and protocols to ensure the security and confidentiality of all student records.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of all Enrollment Services sever, desktop and related equipment, preparing proposals for the purchase of new equipment and software, and ensuring that all equipment warranties are current.
- Works in collaboration with other Enrollment Services staff to respond to PPM Inventory audits of Enrollment Services assets and IT equipment audits.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3fByGbG
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience.
- The equivalent of three years of full-time, experience in a technology related position including experience with networks, desktop support, and document imaging and retrieval systems and a minimum of 1 year experience involving direct supervision of employees is preferred.
- University experience with a general knowledge of bargaining units on campus is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- General knowledge of: HR principles and practices and conflict resolution with the ability to resolve personnel issues within the department. Knowledge of Oracle databases, Peoplesoft Student Systems, OnBase Document Imaging and Workflow and Degree audit systems is desirable.
- Ability and specialized skills to: exhibit strong leadership skills; supervise a large group of employees and understand supervisory needs; demonstrate excellent communication skills; multi-task; give clear and concise direction to subordinate employees.
- Ability to anticipate change and prepare the staff in advance of those changes; provide excellent customer service skills; coordinate responsibilities of office personnel to ensure the completion of daily work; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $90,000 to $95,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through October 23, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/519351/assistant-director-of-desktop-and-document-imaging-technology
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency