- Supervises the receipt, spending, and reconciliation of all funds for the College including the State General Fund and funds from Extended Learning, Lottery, State Trust, Corporation, Foundation, and other budgetary sources.
- Prepares year-end reconciliations and reports and provides advice and recommendations to the College regarding fiscal issues.
- Serves as a liaison to the Office of Human Resources in all staff personnel matters, and advises the Dean, department chairs, faculty, and staff regarding the application of collective bargaining agreements, employee evaluations, grievances, disciplinary actions, classification, promotion, and staff development issues.
- Assists in determining and monitoring the utilization of instructional, research, non-capacity, and administrative space, recommends the allocation of lecture space and recommends necessary reallocations, recommends policies regarding space utilization, coordinates College use of information technology and IT support infrastructure, advises on equipment expenditures, and serves as a liaison regarding facilities, communications, and space matters.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3Bzmb88
- Graduation from a four-year College or university with concentration in finance or business is required. Master's degree in Business, Finance, or related field strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in fiscal management and reporting with at least two (2) years experience in facility operations and administration, in managerial role is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fiscal management, human resources, facility operations and problem resolution is extremely essential.
- Ability to: reason logically, independently implement administrative decisions, and supervise others; perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment; work collaboratively and supportively with college and university colleagues; work independently and to develop and implement operational strategies in resolving problems; analyze and interpret university policies and procedures and effectively interact with all levels of staff and administration and handle situations of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and establish priorities to achieve results and expedite projects. Higher education administrative fiscal experience and experience in use of enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft/Oracle to manage finance, human resources, and student enrollment functions is highly desirable.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $104,000 - $114,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through October 13, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/518569/director-finance-and-operations-college-of-science-and-math
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency