- Following guidelines of the Nurse Practitioner Process Protocol, the incumbent provides direct patient care for basic student health needs in a primary care setting.
- Interviews patients, orders and interprets lab tests, furnishes medications according to standard required protocol, and performs related health care duties.
- Records patient contacts in the electronic health record and provides clinical triage as assigned.
- Provides transgender hormone treatment services including maintenance of hormone therapy started by the SHC Endocrinologist.
- Provides sexual and reproductive health care, including procedures such as IUD insertions and removals, Colposcopies, pregnancy dating ultrasounds, etc. according to approved SHC credentials and privileges..
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3idIQfV
- Academic degree or certificate from an approved college or university-based Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent training and experience as outlined by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); possess a Master's degree in Nurse Practice from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- Clinically competent in family medicine and possess sufficient experience to independently perform the duties of a Nurse Practitioner
- Possess and maintain a valid California license as a Registered Nurse and a BRN certificate evidencing that the individual is qualified to use the title of Nurse Practitioner, as required by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Possess and maintain a valid BRN Furnishing Certificate, a current DEA registration, and a current certification in Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced nursing and primary care principles, methods and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of medical theories, practices and protocols relative to the scope of practice, subject areas such as growth and development, pathophysiology, psychosocial assessment, pharmacology, nutrition, disease management, and the principles of health maintenance, applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Possess the abilities and clinical competence required to work as a Nurse Practitioner including, but not limited to, the ability to work independently in assigned areas of practice established by the supervising physician.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in eliciting patient histories, conducting examinations, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, assessing patient needs and making appropriate referrals; use clinical techniques and diagnostic tools.
- Interpret laboratory and other test results; keep current with developments in the medical field pertinent to the incumbent's scope of practice.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other health center staff.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 8166 / Nurse Practitioner
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $5690 -$9417, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $5,690 -$10,979 per month
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
- Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU. The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (LiveScan).
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The Student Health Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and as such, will recommend certain vaccinations or screenings free of charge for the successful candidate.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit the link :www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised: Sep 20, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/500836/family-nurse-practitione
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency