Assistant Professor-Department of Psychology 23-03
California State University, Northridge
Assistant Professor-Department of Psychology 23-03
Faculty Hire Number: 23-03
Rank: Assistant Professor
Effective Date of Appointment: August, 2023 (Subject to Budgetary Approval)
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications
CSUN's Commitment to You:
CSUN is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. Our values include a respect for all people, building partnerships with the community and the encouragement of innovation, experimentation, and creativity. CSUN strives to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. CSUN is especially interested in candidates who make contributions to equity and inclusion in the pursuit of excellence for all members of the university community.
For more information about the University, visit: http://www.csun.edu
About the College:
For more information about the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences see: https://www.csun.edu/social- behavioral-sciences/
About the Department:
For more information about the Department of Psychology, see: https://www.csun.edu/social-behavioral- sciences/psychology
The Department of Psychology at California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is seeking a tenure-track faculty member in the area of Cultural Clinical Psychology, Cultural Counseling Psychology, or a closely related field, at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses, including mentoring and teaching in our Clinical Psychology MA program and have research interests in cultural approaches to clinical psychology, counseling psychology, and/or mental health.
In addition to teaching, the position requires weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, and service to the department, college, and university. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she/they is/are housed for recommending tenure and promotion.
We seek candidates who understand disparities and barriers faced by minoritized communities in mental health and/or can demonstrate evidence of and/or capacity for providing opportunities for those who are minoritized. Applicants are expected to understand and serve the needs of a diverse student body. Applicants must clearly articulate their contributions to equity, diversity, and justice with respect to teaching, mentoring, research, clinical approaches, life experiences, and/or service toward building an equitable, inclusive, and diverse scholarly environment.
As a Hispanic-serving Institution (HSI), inclusiveness and diversity are integral to CSUN's commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement. As of Fall 2020, CSUN enrolls ~40,000 students, where 56% are Latinx, 20.8% are White, 9.3% are Asian-American, 4.8% are Black/African American, 0.1% are Native American, and 0.1% are Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander. The successful candidate will help the Department achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students through teaching, student mentorship, scholarship, and service.
- PhD from an accredited institution in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or a closely-related area.
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, excellence in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in our curriculum, including courses in our Clinical Psychology MA program.
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, working pedagogical needs of a diverse student population, which includes commitment to teaching and enhancing the learning environment of students from diverse and marginalized backgrounds.
- Commitment to and clear potential for inclusively mentoring diverse and underrepresented undergraduate and graduate students, including students in our Clinical Psychology MA program.
- Research specialization within cultural clinical / counseling psychology or closely-related area focusing on mental health / psychological processes from a cultural perspective and/or examining the psychology of traditionally marginalized communities.
- Experience creating a student-centered and active learning environment
- Experience working with Black/African American, Indigenous, Latinx, Southeast Asian, and/or other marginalized or underrepresented communities.
- Experience in or commitment to participating in professional development opportunities and/or service activities that build effectiveness in advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and intercultural communication.
- Graduated from an APA-accredited PhD program or international equivalent, completed an APA- accredited internship or international equivalent, and are license eligible.
- Record of research contributions within the candidate's specialty area and a potential research program that can be accomplished at CSUN.
Screening of applications will begin October 10, 2022. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To apply and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers.
Applicants must submit the following to the website in the section above:
- Letter of application or cover letter briefly summarizing your qualifications and interest
- Current curriculum vitae
- Teaching statement
- Research statement describing your program of research and potential future directions at CSUN, and samples of scholarship,
- Statement on diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) which includes candidate's experiences related to and/or philosophy of addressing DEI and anti-racism in an academic setting.
- Name and contact information for three professional references
In later stages of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide additional materials, including sample publications, past teaching evaluations.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting HR at [Register to View] /3351.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Department of Psychology at (8[Register to View] ).
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/519096/assistant-professordepartment-of-psychology-2303
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e54611615afa5e4d9afa4f89c1d71658